• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat battery

d9gdon

headwrench,
Have you ever tried Cat batteries? Cat doesn't make a lot of things, but they come up with the specs on them. I have never had any other brand of battery even come close to lasting as long as Cat.

danregan

Occupation
Contractor
my 2000 315B still has original Cat batteries. That being said, when it comes time to replace them, Ill call NAPA. By the time I leave the job, drive the 45min to CAT, pay the extra 25%- Ill be working with a new set of Interstates or Associates. Those will last me 5-6 years. CAT batteries are great, but do the math.

Komatsu 150

Just my own experience, but have had terrible luck with Napa batteries, Interstate has been very good, Cat is still the best. One of the problems with Napa is that I buy with a commercial discount but their prorated warranty is based on retail price so after a year or so it's not worth much to use the warranty.

dist3

Occupation
Equipment Manager Enviromental and Site Contractor
Cat and Deere parts and service salespersons lately have been pretty competitive on pricing I have found.

yblock

Occupation
retired
cat does not make ther batteries ,but they ar made to ther spec,which is more sueted to vibration and shock. they moniter the supplyer as withmost of ther parts supplyers. the extra cost is justified when the aplication warrents.