• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat backhoe bucket on Case backhoe

JBrady

Been looking for a 12" bucket for a my Case for a while now and found a 12" Cat bucket that is local. I know some modifications will be involved, has anyone done this? The front pin dimensions are correct, but the cat bucket is 8 1/2" between rear ears and my case is 5 1/4". Would that extra space be okay to leave as is, or should I get get spacer bushing to weld in there? I also measured the pins, and they are slightly different, I believe the cat pins are larger so I'd probably have to rebush the bucket.

Tinkerer

but the cat bucket is 8 1/2" between rear ears and my case is 5 1/4". Would that extra space be okay to leave as is, or should I get get spacer bushing to weld in there? I also measured the pins, and they are slightly different, I believe the cat pins are larger so I'd probably have to rebush the bucket.
Make a couple of spacers out of steel pipe. No need to weld then in. I have done it and they worked quite well.