• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat B series motion alarm

Jam

Occupation
Building contractor
Hey guys,
Iv fitted a motion alarm to my excavator using the existing harness in the battery compartment. It works perfect except the button on the dash will only turn the alarm off when you hold it down. When the button is released and you track on the alarm sounds again. Am i missing something or does this function have to be activated?

Cheers

xcavate

I had a C series that had the same problem that you are having. I did a night job in a neighborhood and was told no alarms. It was pain to remember to hit it before you tracked anywhere.

Jam

Occupation
Building contractor
This machine never had an alarm fitted but its all the world like this dash function needs to be turned on?