• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 955H Seat Replacement

spikesantee

Greetings!

I went out on a limb and bought a Cat 955H track loader. So far, so good. It runs good and does what I want. However, it needs a little work.

This is a picture of what I got for a seat.

IMG_5501.jpg

To be fair to the seller, he had a boat seat sitting on this frame. I removed the frame and gave it a hydrolysis bath to remove the rust so the seat could articulate back and forth.

IMG_5775.jpg

This worked very well; look at all of the rusty-colored foam on the tank's surface. I've never done hydrolysis before. It's easy, and I plan to tackle a bunch of other rusty things around the place.

IMG_5811.jpg

I got the seat from WWW.FINNEYPARTS.COM. The service rep knew exactly what I needed. It showed up in three days.

IMG_5815.jpg

It looks like a factory original when installed. The nice thing is the seat moves back and forth very easily, giving me a variety of settings. This was a big improvement because the temporary seat was down too low to see what I was doing.

Now, I need to learn how to drive this thing.

Best wishes.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums spikes! Glad to have you.

Driven by Finney Parts many, many times. They are located across from our main Cat dealers HQ.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Now, I need to learn how to drive this thing.
I would suggest that an Operation & Maintenance Manual might be a good first step. Post a Serial Number and I can take a look, they are not expensive. There may even be one available for download from Cat.

EDIT: Actually it's simpler than that. "One size fits all Serial Numbers". You need SEBU6448. $52 to download from Cat.

1704299792852.png

Last edited:

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I'll second that one having the Op and Maint. manual, at the very least!

Some might think $52.00 to down load a book is a lot of money but if it lets you know one thing that needs to be checked or adjusted it can save many times that. A heaven forbid if not knowing something that might be in that book causes you to have too call out a field mechanic from the dealer one time because you did not know something! Then that $52.00 will sound cheap!

Might also want to contact Finny about a service manual, another bargain as it's only $95.00 for a 325 page manual! That's less than $0.30 a page!:

Welder Dave

I got armrests from Finney. They have seats and arm rests made up for a wide variety of machines. Really good to deal with.