• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 953 Doesnt move SOMETIMES

toofrab58

I have a 1998 Cat 953 (2ZN02121)that runs great most of the time, but sometimes on start up it will not move in either direction. I can shut it down & leave it & come back later or the next day & it may or may not move. When it moves, it runs great like it was a new machine.When it doesnt move, I dont know what to do other than leave it alone. Any ideas?

Cmark

Does the ambient temperature seem to have any effect on the problem? If you think it's worse when it's cold, a cheap first step is to change the transmission oil and filter. (Making sure you use the correct spec oil)

toofrab58

The temp doesnt seem to make a real difference, but changing the oil & filter would be a good idea. Thanks

sealark37

Occupation
Retired pilot, old equipment mechanic
Make sure that the brake pedal linkage is not binding and applying the brake. Regards, Clark

toofrab58

I have pressed the brake pedal several times to see if it helps, but no real help. I just never know what or when. Thanks for the reply