1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

CAT 950 F II hydraulic oil level warning

Discussion in 'Wheel Loaders' started by digs2, Jun 9, 2022.

1. digs2

digs2 Member

My 950 is throwing a warning of low hyd oil ? Oil is full and I just replaced the filters , wondering whats involved in getting to the level sensor ? I see a sensor on the lower region of the tank , looks more like temp by location ?

2. 1466IH

1466IH Senior Member

Do you have serial number?

3. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    Is this your warning light panel.?
    Which one is lighting up.?
    Is the SERV CODE icon on the RH side lit up as well.?
    Also need the S/N.

upload_2022-6-10_1-2-40.png

4. digs2

digs2 Member

I will get the sn #, sorry I don't have it handy . Thanks for the quick responses !

5. Nige

Nige Senior Member

S/N makes a lot of things easier but if you can answer the questions above regarding which warning lamp is lit and whether the SERV CODE icon is on we can make a start on helping you.

6. Süleyman

Süleyman Member

Nige, You are a very very good a adviser.

7. digs2

digs2 Member

Ok , here's the sn# 8TK05288 . I apologize for not getting back sooner . Light is the hydrolic oil level , could be number 12 ? not certian . If the pictograph was showing I would be certain. Thanks !!!

8. Nige

Nige Senior Member

If it is definitely #12 then that light is for hydraulic oil temperature, not level.

Still need an answer regarding whether the SERV CODE icon is lit up or not.

9. digs2

digs2 Member

Ok , i had a chance to do another run test . Its light # 12 and a quick scan with my cat phone with flir is showing hot oil on the filter under the cab . I will try to upload the pics ?
    No code present , just light and buzzer with warning light flashing

10. Nige

Nige Senior Member

OK, so it is temperature and by the sound of it the alarm is genuine. Approximately what temperature are you seeing at the filter.? What does the hydraulic tank temperature look like.?

11. digs2

digs2 Member

Nige , I found the level sensor and replaced it . Sure enough that was the culprit . temp was'nt that high in the tank zone .
    Once I unplugged the sensor it fired the alarm so I knew I was on the right track .
    THANK YOU!!! for the input ! I lucked out , milton cat had sensor in stock in milford , ma
    I messed with pics a bit this morning but wasn't able to get them out there? I don't rule the interweb that's for sure !
    Now to figure out why the 225 stalls a relief valve when I croud in and curl bucket ? But not always ??