• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 950 F II hydraulic oil level warning

digs2

My 950 is throwing a warning of low hyd oil ? Oil is full and I just replaced the filters , wondering whats involved in getting to the level sensor ? I see a sensor on the lower region of the tank , looks more like temp by location ?

Süleyman

S/N makes a lot of things easier but if you can answer the questions above regarding which warning lamp is lit and whether the SERV CODE icon is on we can make a start on helping you.
Nige, You are a very very good a adviser.

digs2

Ok , here's the sn# 8TK05288 . I apologize for not getting back sooner . Light is the hydrolic oil level , could be number 12 ? not certian . If the pictograph was showing I would be certain. Thanks !!!

digs2

Ok , i had a chance to do another run test . Its light # 12 and a quick scan with my cat phone with flir is showing hot oil on the filter under the cab . I will try to upload the pics ?
No code present , just light and buzzer with warning light flashing

digs2

Nige , I found the level sensor and replaced it . Sure enough that was the culprit . temp was'nt that high in the tank zone .
Once I unplugged the sensor it fired the alarm so I knew I was on the right track .
THANK YOU!!! for the input ! I lucked out , milton cat had sensor in stock in milford , ma
I messed with pics a bit this morning but wasn't able to get them out there? I don't rule the interweb that's for sure !
Now to figure out why the 225 stalls a relief valve when I croud in and curl bucket ? But not always ??