• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 943

john1066

My uncle has this machine I never ran one till I got on this one. Is there a way to change the bucket controls so they are like a wheel loader. image.jpgimage.jpg

ih100

Bit of a vague question. Have you got three levers or a joystick and second lever for the 4:1? You can have either set-up on a wheeled loader as well. By the way, that looks a well-maintained little loader, how many hours does it have on the meter? I operated one just like it back in the '90's and rated it way easier to trim with than the 953/963's. Do you have the extra weight on the rear or do you find it okay without? Some operators thought they were a bit nose-heavy without the weight, I never had a problem without it personally.

Deliacorpny

Occupation
Owner/operator excavation business
My uncle has this machine I never ran one till I got on this one. Is there a way to change the bucket controls so they are like a wheel loader. View attachment 129374View attachment 129375

Hey man it's funny that's laquillas old 943 outta bklyn! I looked at that machine last winter for sale in there shop ! I wound up buying the 953 they had cause that 943 wouldn't move towards or reverse! What was the issue w that thing ??

Dickjr.

That is a nice looking 43. I wonder why they quit making them. I'd prefer that over a 939 any day. I think Deere is making a 605 that's close to the 943.

john1066

It has 2 lever with a third for the 4 in 1. I don't like the bucket curl seems backwards to me. I'm not sure what was wrong with it I'm not around it a lot.

Cmark

There's no pilot controls on that machine. Just mechanical linkages. You'd have to have a look to see if the bell crank can be reversed, but I would guess that it can't be easily achieved.

You could consider exchanging the positions of the hoses to the cylinder but, without looking into the details, I would say you would need to also exchange the line relief valves and see if there's a makeup valve in the tip circuit. If there is, that idea won't work.

On balance, it's probably going to be easier to get used to it the way it is.

bvfdfire

Occupation
project superintendent for highway heavy construct
The cat crawler loaders have that stick layout for a very long time, best I can remember, the lift and bucket sticks are flipped from the crawler and rubber tiered loaders as well, the last two 963's that I ran were outfitted with wobble sticks, easier to pick up, but still different. The toughest loader that I ever operated was a 950H STIC steer, all functions were in the yoke shaped steering wheel. It was a booger to road down the street.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
Get used to it, you'll soon learn to love it.