• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 939c

Buddy

Occupation
Equipment mechanic (Retired)
I have a job headed towards me to remove and replace the engine ( 3046t ) in this machine. The knucklehead ran the engine low on oil, spun rod bearing.
Have any of you been blessed with the opportunity of replacing the engine in one of these loaders ?
Just was wondering how much of a scuffle I have ahead of me.
Any special tricks ? I remember the older machines, having to jack up the rear of the machine to clear the cross spring . This machine is much newer than the last one I replaced.

wosama931b

Occupation
Real Estate Broker/ Ret.
Back in the day , I have seen the bearing on the piston replaced ,and the engine is ok, if you drop the pan
maybe enough room to get the oil pan off. Good luck, sam.

Welder Dave

Cat will have a detailed procedure for pulling the engine. On my 931B, the trans had to come out with the engine and there's no way to drop the oil pan. Without having the Cat procedure printed, I would have never known the tricks needed to get the engine out. A 939 being hydrostat is likely a little different.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
If you can provide the complete S/N I or someone else might be able to get you the "official Cat" instructions.

Dickjr.

Isn't this the same basic tractor as a D5C or G? I wonder if the procedure would be the same?