• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 725 E329 code

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
In total, I have cut open 3 filters. Oil was squeezed out of them all.

The first filter was a Baldwin which had minimal to no metal/ debris.

The second filter was a Cat Due to it being a metal caged cartridge filter, I used an oscillating multitool to cut apart one filter. There was a very miniscule amount of metal/ shavings picked up by the magnet, which I'm kind of suspect that some was deposited from using the oscillating cutter.

For the last filter, I used a box cutter for 99% of the cutting of the filter. That one I saw very little amount of debris (which I'm assuming there's usually always a tiny amount of debris in filters?). Not an amount of debris that I imagine would plugged the filter.

I drained the fluid as well. The plug had a bit of shavings on it, but nothing that I thought was a crazy amount.

I put in the 1R-0722 filter. Code still comes on.

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
I also did a successfull clutch calibration. I noticed when I was test driving, downshifting from 2nd to 1st gives a big clunk, but everything else works great.

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
Time to try an additional spacer behind the spring then.?
I'll try that next.

Have you got your oil analysis results back yet.?
I called the lab and they said it should be done today or tomorrow.

Is/was the clunky 2nd->1st downshift what you experienced before or after you made the successful calibration.? Or was the clunk exactly the same before and after.?
It seemed exactly the same as before.

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
Just to confirm, I should stack another spacer on the existing spacer?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Just to confirm, I should stack another spacer on the existing spacer?
Yes. The 2nd spacer will go between the end of the spring and the spool right alongside the original one.
And as I mentioned before it's only for a test - don't leave it in there.........
I called the lab and they said it should be done today or tomorrow.
Post the results as soon as you have them please.
Did you confirm that they will be doing a Particle Count and ISO 4406 Cleanliness Code number as part of the analysis.? The results will not be much use if they aren't.

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
Check the spring #4, it should have a free length of 35.5mm with an outside diameter of 17mm.
I had one of my other guys look at the spring and spacer previously. He never measured them, but I just did and the spring is 62.5mm free length with an OD of 15.3mm.

Nige

I had one of my other guys look at the spring and spacer previously. He never measured them, but I just did and the spring is 62.5mm free length with an OD of 15.3mm.
Sorry I was reading the wrong numbers before. Spring #3: -
Free length 62.5mm, diameter 15.2mm.
Test Force 24 pounds, compressed length 46.1mm.

The numbers I quoted previously are for the spring #2 that is wrapped around the head of the bypass spool.

1685728818729.png

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
I've never used this system before. I don't know how to just get the most recent results separate.

Nige

Can you ask the lab for them.?
In order to determine the ISO Code needs the actual particle count in three specific values - 4 microns, 6 microns, & 14 microns. They have graphed the results so they must face the numbers that generated them.

Nige

ISO 18/17/13. That level of cleanliness is almost up to the standards of new fill oil. The result of using the 139-1536 High Efficiency filter I would imagine.

All the wear elements are also low, so no issues there either.

I must admit I am baffled. There must be something that we are missing somewhere.

I know you have had the bypass spool out of the filter head a couple of times but will the filter head come off complete so that you can have a good look at it and at the same time check on the oil passages that are feeding to/from it.?