• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 615C Scraper ejector problems

mazadi88

Howdy, I am having issues with the ejector on a 615C scraper. It isn't pushing out past a certain point, I had this issue before with some really tacky dirt and got in there with a backhoe and dug a bunch of it out and it worked fine since. I was just curious if there is another issue or is it possible to over pack the bowl. I would think that the machine has enough hydraulic pressure to over come this sort of thing, but I am wondering if the cylinder is possibly going bad or if I have another issue or is it just operator error? I have shot the cylinder with an infrared thermometer and only show a 10 degree difference on each end. Thanks in advance for any input gents.

d9gdon

Check the adjustments of the ejector rollers per the service manual. When they get worn, it can throw the ejector into a bind in the rails or tracks that the rollers ride in. I have seen those bearings crap out too.

mazadi88

after looking closer at it, it looks like the ejector isnt sliding straight one side has a much bigger gap than the other and the rear rollers are really off, so you may be on to something, i will have to get with my local dealer to get that procedure as i dont have access to that sort of stuff with the basic sis web function.

mazadi88

thank you for your help, ill look into getting one for some of our other machines as well

DPete

Some materials you need to back paddle out but if the ejector is in a bind that needs to be addressed first. If it's like a 623 the upper side rollers are on an eccentric, you loosen the clamp and turn the shaft to adjust. Also make sure the floor is moving all the way back before the ejector starts forward, bad floor rollers and/or faulty sequence valve can affect this.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Regarding manuals eBay seems to be a rip-off. Generally new ones can be had cheaper. Google “servicemanualpro”. That’s now the official Cat source for manuals, even for dealers. DVD’s mean postage is a lot less than $50 too.....

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I was under the impression the SMP were now the “official source” for manuals, even dealers went to SMP. It seems weird that when I priced a manual from Cat using Don’s link and from SMP the Cat price was a couple of bucks dearer.

It’s actually good to discover that pretty much irrespective of the age of a machine that documentation is available for it.

Either way we’re both of the same opinion that most of the manuals on eBay are seriously over-priced. As per the famous quotation - “I could buy a new one for less”.....

d9gdon

The public goes crazy on pricing when they see the Cat logo on something they have to sell, especially equipment.

End-user owners like me don't get so excited...we know it has to be paid for with some left over to live on and a lot left over to pay the never ending taxes!