• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 365 / Volvo EC700

jey_c

Nowadays all machines can do the job, choose the most efficient and the most important thing is to find out a good dealer if any repair needed.
I just remember our friend on this forum he always says ' a good mechanic isn't expensive he's priceless'

02Dmax

I've heard nothing but good things about both. Volvo builds a great machine and is probably more efficient than the CAT. But usually CAT parts and service are more readily available and the CAT will be worth more in resale. It comes down to ROI and how much downtime can you afford when it does go down.

CAT385

rightly said ,cat has excellent parts and service support but the produt has alot of issue in it

JDOFMEMI

To operate I would choose the Volvo. It will kill a 365 in production. To own, I would pick the Cat, mainly for the great dealer support I get from them, and the lousy support I have experienced from Volvo.

I had the 2nd 700 Volvo on the West coast when they came out, and it was comparable with 800/850 class production, and burned much less fuel doing it. My main problem came from poor response from the dealer, even when working 10 minutes from their shop.

The 365 is much slower, but more reliable, and much easier to get parts and service for.

UrParts

I would have said go with the Cat for years but I am starting to change my mind. The EC700 has got a very good reputation here in Europe and also a good resale value.