1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

CAT 3512B

Discussion in 'Generators/Gensets' started by Mahammad, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Mahammad

Mahammad Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I want to get info about CAT 3512B generators power 1,250 KW. Is there any one expert in this type of generators?
    Thanks.

2. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Not an expert but what kind if info you looking for? Also if you have a S/N of the outfit it will let someone get many more details, like when it was built and any options on it. That is assuming you are talking about one particular generator but if just looking of general information I just Google. Here's what I found in just a few seconds:
    https://www.cat.com/en_US/articles/configurations/ep-genset-ratings/3512b.html

or this:

https://www.cat.com/en_US/products/...c-power/diesel-generator-sets/1000028918.html

3. Mahammad

Hello,
    I have bought 2 cat 3512B generators and I don’t have expereince with it. Installation, service, etc...
    If you have manuals regard them is good for me. And I have Serial Numbers of them if you can find details of both is too help me.
    SN is CAT00000L6GW0173
    Ane second SN is S2H00580
    Thanks.

4. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    For information on both of them go to https://www.servicemanualpro.com/
    and enter the Serial Numbers and it should show you what manuals are available for them.

Just a note the part of those numbers you posted that are the actual Serial number are as follows"
    6GW0173 and S2H00580

Also I note that the 6GW0173 is showing as a Generator Set
    While the S2H00580 is showing as a Marine Auxiliary Unit

5. Mahammad

Please look at both generators photos.
    And please let me know whats marine auxiliary unit? Please explain for me whats difference between them?

Attached Files:

6. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

The radiator is missing on one of them.:)

7. Mahammad

Yes, its removed radiator on it, but I have radiator to fit on.