1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Cat 330c right track no power

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by JRsEquipment, Dec 20, 2021.

1. JRsEquipment

JRsEquipment Well-Known Member

Right track is very weak, tries to move but no power, not luging down the engine, left side strong like bull. Had some bypassing through hydraulic swivel so resealed that with no improvement, minimal case drain from either motors. I have been all over SIS parts and service and can only find one pump control solenoid. shouldn't this have two main pump solenoids?? one for each pump, if not how does it regulate both pumps separately? All other functions "seem" ok however machine is disassembled for transport so I am limited on working other hydraulics. Thanks!

2. Acoals

Acoals Well-Known Member

Jack of all trades/Master of none
    I had an issue with one side track in my 315c. I don't have pressure guages and such to properly diagnose hydro issues, (or the knowledge) but what we did was switch the main hydro lines to the final drives at the center swivel, and found that the problem followed the lines. We ended up tracing the trouble to the pilot valve under the cab. With all the dirt an such down there under the pedals it was pretty rough. Guys have told me that is a pretty common fail ....

3. Mbar

Mbar Well-Known Member

Clean the dirt out under the pedals. Does it have a straight travel pedal. Confirm with that that is not a main pump / pressure problem.

4. JRsEquipment

JRsEquipment Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Thanks for all for input. At the time of testing machine had no stick installed so I had no convenient way to raise track, after installing stick and raising track off of ground we ran track with no load for a few revolutions a few times both ways, set the machine down and took off! Both tracks working correctly. Something stuck?? Idk working good now.