• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 3306 Manuals?

HardRockNM

Occupation
Miner
upiL378.jpg

Fz6Ck1F.jpg

I just picked up a Kato 150 kW genset powered by this CAT 3306. Where can I find manuals and information on this engine?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
http://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=66D43289

One thing that is a bit confusing is that link come up with manuals for 3306 and D333C.

This is one of the strange things about Cat , seems they were not always sure what to call engines of that vintage. Also if one is not real familiar with the D333C and 3306 they can be confused for the other one. Been too long since I saw either of them but I believe the biggest difference that is visible is how the water pump is mounted,

HardRockNM

Occupation
Miner
This unit did not have a fuel filter installed when I purchased it and I've had a bit of a tough time finding the correct unit. My local CAT dealership could only find a cartridge filter element rather than a spin-on filter. A 1R0750 spin-on is supposed to fit a 3306, but there are enough 3306 variations out there that I'm not positive it will fit this specific engine. Could anyone shed some light on the correct filter here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210528-223231_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210528-223231_Video Player.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I believe that filter head would have originally had a 1P2299 spin on filter and that number has been replaced by the 1R0750.

HardRockNM

Occupation
Miner
I believe that filter head would have originally had a 1P2299 spin on filter and that number has been replaced by the 1R0750.

Thanks! I just ordered a 1R0750, hopefully it will fit and I can start getting this genset ready to run.

HardRockNM

Occupation
Miner
Update: The 1R0750 is the correct filter and matched right up. The fuel system had sat empty for some time so I filled and flushed it. Our master mechanic will be by tomorrow and we're hoping to run this genset briefly after completing some hydraulic work on underground machinery.