• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 330 thb telehandler load alarm malfunction

Lignator

Occupation
Work now on own projects only
Hi, I have a CAT 330 which I use for moving timber on my housebuild site.

I bought the machine secondhand a few years ago and have had no problems with it, I have it regularly serviced.

At the moment I am not on site there much for various reasons and the machine, which is kept under cover, is only started and moved now and again.

Coming back to it last week, I started the machine no problem, but the load indicator on the dash shows into the red as soon as the machine starts and the alarm sounds.

The alarm sounds at any position of the jib, loaded, unloaded or whatever, until I turn the machine off (deafened).

I found a birdsnest in the jib end, which I cleared out as best I could, though access into there is very limited. I have no idea where the sensor is, or how it operates!

I could do with a Manual (nothing came with the machine), where/how is the best way to get one?

Any ideas about the alarm? -Many thanks for any information