• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 320cl hammer/breaker

anthony0488

Hi, I need suggestions on a used Hammer/Breaker for a 2006 Cat 320CL with 6,000 hours, is going to be use on really hard rocks, any suggestions on a brand and model.
Thanks

MrElectric03

For hard rocks you want impact power. NPK GH12 would be a good fit for a 320 and they are one of the easiest hammers to setup as they don't require accumulators and are not backpressure sensitive. NPK are expensive but you can rebuild the hammers instead of replacing as you would with other manufacturers. Keep in mind that the application you are looking to use this hammer in is the most abusive on hammers.

If you are looking used I would stress to purchase from a dealer as they can provide warranty. I have seen hammers bought at auction come in missing pistons and other parts and because they aren't tested you'd never know until you have already bought it.

anthony0488

Great, I'll take a look at the NPK gh12, what about a Cat H130, there is a used one on Machinery for $15,500, the company that it is selling this one, don't know much about it, they bought it has a package with a Cat 320E, anything to look for? Any good company to send it for rebuild? Thanks