• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 320C Left track slow

Bosvark Kzn

I need advise please, been battling with my machine for the last month, but it's still not right. The left side track is much slower and very weak compared to the right side track. In "back-up" mode it travels and turns perfect or in "Auto" mode with the PRV unplugged.

Does this point to something specific, or is it not that simple?

walkerv

Is the cab floor clean especially around the travel levers, dirt will get packed around them and limit movement , of course the travel motor or final drive could have an issue on that side , swivel seals can also cuase this issue,
A list of thing that have been tried and or fixxed over the last month would also be helpful along with a full serial number

Last edited:

Bosvark Kzn

Thanks for the reply walkerv. Serial number: CAT320CJANB03733

I had a problem with the hydraulics killing the motor, I've replaced all hydraulic filters and it seems to be functioning better now. The main problem now is the slow track. I don't think it's caused by any of the possibilities you mention, because it travels perfectly with the PRV unplugged or in "back-up" mode. I think dirt around the levers, swivel valve or final drive problems will cause it to malfunction in both "auto" and "back-up" modes.

kurtihidro

in the case that you explain us to have damaged seals mud to hidromotorrit distribution arm that you need to measure the problem and the high pressure pump of any sense

walkerv

in the case that you explain us to have damaged seals mud to hidromotorrit distribution arm that you need to measure the problem and the high pressure pump of any sense

I personaly cannot explain the test procedures I just recently had cat out to diagnose my 330, I am repeating what Cat tech told me he checked .My problem is bypassing swivel seals cuasing the same problem the original OP stated he is having , was just triing to give him the common places to check there are several people on here that probably have time to throw the whole diagnostic procedure out there and help him better then I can at the moment

Bosvark Kzn

So, I eventually found the problem and the machine is functioning 100%. The machine is fitted with a manual throttle since the oringinal throttle control failed. With the throttle dail turn up to max, the machine is 100%. If the dail is in the idle position, with the engine at full throttle using the manual throttle, the one side track is slow, turn the dial up and it tracks perfectly.