• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 320C display monitor

HSV127

Hi guys,
PIN # is CAT0320CJFBA02460
The problem I'm having is the display monitor is dead to the world but everything else on the machine is working fine.
There was a couple of times the monitor Didn't go on start up but then decided to start up half an hour later, now there is nothing. I have checked all the fuses I can find and also all the wiring harness and plugs that I can easily get at but found nothing wrong as yet, also there is 24v to one of the wires at the monitor.
Was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or does someone have a wiring diagram so I can do some more trouble shooting.

Cheers Rob

buckhornspice

I've ran into this on a 320 and a 315, look between the panel right under the monitor floor level, the wiring harness will have a plug, the hot wire either coming into or out has broke at the connector, I've just spliced the wire for the hot lead, the wire you are seeing hot maybe for the memory.
Bob

HSV127

Found the problem thanks to Nige and Buckhornspice for your help. It was a broken wire at that plug in the cab like you said Buckhornspice, was corroded through from hanging down in the build up of dust that was a bit damp from moisture getting in around the windscreen.
Here's the culprit.

image.jpg