• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 320B LL Forestry Swing Machine Hyd Lockout

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
Why the electronic throttle is not connected ?
That's a good question. I asked the dealer who didn't have any information at first, then I called Fining in Canada in the province where this was operated and they said to ask my local dealer, then they read two reports in the database, one was for a 'leak'.

So there's a reason why this was made into a manual control and I assume it's because the person working on it didn't know how to fix it, or didn't want to invest the time and effort so they made it into a manual thottle control and sold it.

...The three 22XX codes indicate problems with the engine throttle control...

...Start your troubleshooting from that point.

Sounds good...I'll get the codes cleared and from this point, the machine can take a test run to see if the old prv is adjusted correctly and if codes show up.

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
More good videos from hystat re the monitor panel, thank you @Katkc for the original link earlier. I may try the machine in 'backup' mode. He says instead of getting a proportional signal to the pumps, the pumps are given a fixed voltage to the pump prv at about 80%... something unique to Catb series.

DEMLONE70

Without electronic throttle it never gonna work like it must
Prv calibration not gonna help
Machine controller needs the rpm's from the electronic throttle to let it work as it should

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
Thanks for the support!
I'm looking at getting the electronic throttle to work. Can someone tell me what Cat calls the DC motor that winds the throttle cables up and down? I do not see it in the electric schematic for the 320B LL Forest Machine, Ser# 9js00001+

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
Um, looking for the Engine/Pump control service manual form number SENR9291 which is listed on the electrical schematic as the pin for this machine's manual.
There is a manual # SENR9291-006 available for purchase online.
Would these Cat numbers be the same?

Cmark

Yes. The 006 just refers to the iteration of the document. Changes between versions are usually minor.

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
Where online did you find it.?
Were you aware that you can buy this publication online from Cat at probably the same price.?
On eBay, seller jamesh5421 wrote me: "Manual number is SENR9291-06 issued August 1998 , this is an update from the original issue SENR9291
If this is for your serial # 9JS1 I don't think it is the correct manual ."

I do need all the manuals for this equipment and I've been the recipient of generous posts of diagrams from you and others online at this forum.

I recall that I asked the dealer in my location for this SEnr9291 + it seemed they didn't have it but maybe my recollection is faulty, so I can try them again.

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
It looks like the service manual is $65 online and the Senr9291-06 is about $25.

I don't like asking the dealer for prices.

Last edited:

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
For your Serial Number the applicable Test & Adjust manual for the engine/pump controller is RENR1998. The latest version available is -06, was last updated in 2004.
There was one on eBay a couple of weeks ago @ $40 but I have no idea if it's still available.

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
For your Serial Number the applicable Test & Adjust manual for the engine/pump controller is RENR1998. The latest version available is -06, was last updated in 2004.
There was one on eBay a couple of weeks ago @ $40 but I have no idea if it's still available.

You may have posted that earlier on another thread and that was gone. The engine pump control on a electrical schematic that you sent me shows the service manual for electrical is SEnr9291?
I should look for this renr1998? Or go with senr9291-06?

Nige

SENR9291 no longer exists, which probably explians why you can't find it other than in paper format in places such as eBay.
HOWEVER it appears as though Cat were less than 100% efficient at purging all references to it from other documentation such as the schematic I sent you some time ago (where it still appears). Unfortunately this type of faux pas can often send you down a rabbit hole looking for something that does not exist. I've double checked under your Serial Number prefix and all indications are that the appropriate manual is RENR1998, including the fact that I can actually see it on the system.

Yeah, Cat Publications only offer Operation & Manitenance Manuals or Parts Manuals. I have no idea why.

Parts Manual is XEBP7689
O&M Manual is SEBU7079

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
Maybe my search is faulty, but renr1998 has no results.

XEBP7689 does bring up the parts manual.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200420-121041.png
    Screenshot_20200420-121041.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 3

Nige

You won't find RENR1998 in Cat Publications because it is a System Operation/Test & Adjust Manual.
As I said above the CP web site only sells O&M or Parts Manuals and I have never been able to figure out why.
RENR1998 you'll have to either order via your local dealer or try to find it on an auction site.

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
You won't find RENR1998 in Cat Publications because it is a System Operation/Test & Adjust Manual.
As I said above the CP web site only sells O&M or Parts Manuals and I have never been able to figure out why.
RENR1998 you'll have to either order via your local dealer or try to find it on an auction site.
Thank you!!
The dealer has renr1998, but it looks like it'll be over two weeks to get the manual or cd and about $125.
I didn't order it yet and I'm not going to get the senr 9291-06 as it is not the right one.