• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 320B LL Forestry Swing Machine Hyd Lockout

Cmark

Don't want to get into an argument here, but it does have a case drain filter. In fact it has two. One standard and one an attachment, for the forestry head.

filter.jpg

TVA

A8VO is bent axis pump and doesn’t have case drain, it has overflow port on the top of gear drive section! Rexroth requires to connect the overflow to tank only for 280CC displacement or higher. Smaller displacements recommended but not required!

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Yup. No case drain for main pump on b series. When the screws from the piston slipper plate come out they usually end up in the pilot pump which draws fom case of main pump. Common failure on pumps run in cold weather with too heavy oil .

Mobiltech

Occupation
There is a case drain filter for swing motor and track motors. This machine has additional pumps for attachments which is what the other case drain filter is for .

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
Pulled the pressure relief valve, which is the culprit for no pressure to see about why the machine is stalling, it builds up pressure and doesn't relieve and the engine which is in good shape, will stall, worse when hot, happens at '10'.
prv-800x600.jpg

TVA

I don’t think it’s your culprit!
Your culprit is power shift maul functioning.

TVA

First pull the codes!
If no codes you gonna have to verify rpm sensor and pressure sensors giving out correct information.

TVA

But before that! I’m not 100% convinced that your engine in the best shape! Especially the fuel system!

Does it smocking black when stalling?

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
Engine Cat 3066
  • No smoke
  • Starts on first crank with no starting aid
When it stalls, you can hear the pumps on with pressure building. If the wand is put down quick enough, stalling can be avoided.

Will ✓ on codes

TVA

No smoke indicate fuel starvation!
None computer regulated diesel will produce black smoke when overloaded!

TVA

First thing I would check weather motor- governor operates as it should!
Then fuel filters, banjo bolts strainers, and low side fuel pressure checks!

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
There is a little smoke... maybe I should have posted a bigger video. When I got the message wrong format, I made the file small and tried different extensions than mp3, mp4, turns out that we can only link, anyway, there's smoke
Replaced the main prv and checked stored
Error Codes:
  • 420c
  • 420E
  • A202

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
This thread started with no hydraulic pressure and we got the piece out of the main relief valve and now there's too much pressure;)o_O

TVA

What pressure do you read when you deadhead bucket cylinder?

Mobiltech

Occupation
Have you calibrated the prv? Test the prv pressure while it’s working to make sure it’s changing the flow control signal.

You could also have problems in the pump head which control flow.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The first code is a low oil pressure alarm. You always get that when you change engine oil. The next two indicate over heating of engine coolant and hydraulic oil. The 1304 code is air cleaner plugged. The three 22XX codes indicate problems with the engine throttle control. The 4103 code indicates the proportional reducer valve circuit is open. That could cause the problems that you are experiencing. The 4202 code says the engine coolant temperature sensor is shorted to ground. 4207 says the pump PWM sensor delivery pressure has an open circuit. I don't show a 4206 code in my listing. 420C is electric power too low. 420E indicates the speed dial is out of calibration. 4301 shows data mismatch between alternator and speed sensor, alternator is abnormal. A202 says the monitor takes too much time to respond to the controller signal.
To clear the codes from the monitor hold the power mode and travel mode button down until the codes disappear. Try running the machine again and see which codes reappear. Start your troubleshooting from that point.

TVA

If most of the codes reappears might be loose connector or wiring harness problems

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
Thanks for all the help, good clues there from you all and I replaced the new PR-V with the original and it seems improved but I need to get the machine up to real temp and really kick the tires and light the fires.

I would like to know how to calibrate the prv.

I can get into the active code menu and the stored code menus and clear, but for example menu 10 I can't drill down into that one cuz I don't know how. would be good to know the RPM that I'm working at since this machine doesn't have the electronic throttle control connected, it's currently a throttle cable into the cab.

DEMLONE70

Why the electronic throttle is not connected ?
Without the connection its never gonna work like it must