• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 315l fried electronics????

brian falcone

well a simple job turned into a mess. today my cat key broke in the ignition of our older 315l. it broke in a way that there wasnt anyway to remove the key but there was no way to start it with it still in there. so while i went off to cat to pick up a new ignition i guess the guys tried to jump the wires on the back of the switch so they could get it down from the pile it was on. they said the machine started but there was no dash...no throttle and no electric functions. put the new switch in and theres still no electric functions. it starts but theres no dash,throttle etc etc. you can idle it up with the manual throttle switch but thats it. cat mech said over the phone that hes 90 percent certain the computer is fried...this happen before...3 years ago but at that time the lights on the box near the fuse panel were all dark...now theres still a green light on and a yellow light on. the red light is off. anyone know if theres an easier fix to this? cant find any blown fuses. :beatsme

Per Eriksson

Green and yellow light on indicate that it has no communication with the dash.

Check that you have 24V and ground on the back of the dash first, 201 black is ground and 113 orange is power.

the controller should have power at pin 1, 184 blue and pin 13, 308 yellow.

It does start and turn off as it should?