• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 315c won't move when you engage Hydraulic lever

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
Machine ran fine for a hour and stopped moving like shifter had been disengaged..I thought micro switch was bad replaced it ...only trouble code is 69:15...I swapped relays and solenoids ...still nothing...cjc001986

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
As I recall 69:15 is an event code for overheating?

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
did you check the voltage at your lockout switch?

Yes sir it had 28 volts on red wire handle up and handle down 28 on white ....28 raised my thoughts so I did a alternator check and it was over way over 36.5 on my fluke so after I un hooked wire from alternator it ran fine moved and tracked to and on lowboy for trip to my shop yes its running on batteries only but I didn't want to blow them or burn ecm up....In my mind is that the problem yes over voltage can and will do all kinds of screwy things to equipment