• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 312 gray console does not stay lite

rudeag

Shut down last eve and everything good. This morn crank up but no audible horn and console goes dead/blank after cranking, throttle does not operate
Engine will run but not enough power to motivate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
ran
e tx

heymccall

My 312B had override toggles behind the righthand armrest. When the non-momentary toggle is thrown, all electronics shutdown. Then, using the momentary toggle, you can, well, toggle, the throttle up and down.
My coworkers would inadvertently flip the switch with a hardhat or thermos behind the seat.

rudeag

more info... the panel stays lit for 3 or 4 seconds while displaying 888 where power range is normally. I have isolated voltage to panel off the switch and it is good to panel when the panel goes blank.
anybody know what 888 code indicates?