• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 312 for demolition Company

Trester

I have a new to us CAT 312 for our commercial demolition company. Its a old 1996 with vin 6GK01829. We are spending too much on rentals so we bought this until we can get the work load to buy a newer one. We really need a thumb, hydraulic hammer, and grapple and plan to take the chance on one over seas since we cant afford American now. What company should we avoid or use? I dont want to hear you get what you pay for. That's not always true. Marketing is too high for most today. I buy and sell so I get that and normally never regret it. Has anyone used this company? I appreciate any input! Im guessing a 50" thumb works best with a JRB quick attach? That's another thread trying to figure out how to use it and the aux foot pedal i assume its a one way aux hyd i will need to convert to two way also.

Kaiping Zhonghe Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd

https://zhjx.en.alibaba.com/
https://www.excavatorboomarm.com/
https://www.excavatorboomarm.com/contactus.html

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
What I have to say is my opinion and since I only know what I just read, I likely don't understand your situation completely. I try as hard as I can to buy once.

Your going to spend a considerable amount of money upfitting this excavator. Do you plan on staying with this size machine? It makes no sense to buy a breaker and a grapple and then have them be too small for whatever excavator comes next. I don't know what you do exactly, but a 312 is a small excavator for a lot of demo. A decent thumb alone for this machine will likely be around that 10K mark. A little more Ex than you need goes a long way in demo. Even a 145 would be a big improvement over the 312. That said you have a 312, assuming your staying in that weight class. Okada makes a quality breaker. The cool thing is they have a very good rebuild shop and they go through used breakers and then resell them. I have bought both new and rebuilt breakers from them and both are excellent. The rebuilt are just more cost effective. I also have an Epiroc 3K hammer, so far I am happy with that as well. I don't use a grapple so, I have nothing there. I assume your JRB is a pin grabber?

Trester

Appreciate your time! I plan to buy a larger machine next. I dont know what type of JRB connector i have? My 312 weighs just over 30,000lbs and plan to buy a 50k machine or larger next. This 312 is a long arm with 32" wide triple grouser pads if it had 2 way hydraulics id get a grapple but will just plan to use a hammer and i put a thumb on myself that works well.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
It looks like a JRB pin grabber to me. If it is, all you really need to know is the pin diameter (which I would guess to be 65 mm) the distance between the ears and the distance from center of one pin to the center of the other. You can then have what you need to buy new buckets or attachments that fit.