• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 312 excavator good or bad?

Pete1468

Can any body tell me about a cat 312, going to look at one with 10,000 hours. This would be my first excavator, just for widening out a waterway and a few trees mostly a farm machine .

maddog

I've run the 312 an thought it was a decent machine. 10,000hrs is a little high but if it was well taken care of then it could go another 10,000. Be carefull if it was a rental unit though, just make sure and check it over with a fine tooth comb.

lgammon

we have one. no major problems. it is a bit small for some of our work and a bit big for other stuff. if you are loading trucks it is not going to keep up with many.

Pete1468

It got sold before I could go look at it. Might have found a nicer 315, I'm going to look at it friday. I'ts supposed to only have 5800 hours, seems low for a 315L.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Pete1468
If you are interested an article relating to this kind of application its free you can down load it at www.ecatech.com hope it helps.
KR