1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Cat 312 bucket ram

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by Graham1, May 23, 2012.

1. Graham1

Graham1 Senior Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know where I can get a reasonable priced second hand bucket ram for a Cat 312 in the UK?
    Thanks

2. JGS Parts

JGS Parts Senior Member

Owner JGS Machinery
    mate we sell the 312 rams brand new but not in the UK but we can air freight them. our prices are low mate. let me know if you are intrested

3. bigbob

bigbob Well-Known Member

A good hydraulic shop can build a new rod by cutting off the eye from the old one, welding it onto a new piece of chrome rod stock, and threading the other end reusing the other end from the old setup.

4. Graham1

Graham1 Senior Member

Bigbob, Unfortunatly I don't have a ram for rebuilding. I made up an extra dipper attachment for some long reach grading work. I was in a hurry and could only source a 312 dipper, no ram, so I made up a fixed geometry one which works okay, but now I have tested it and it doesn't turn the machine over (if you are careful!) I want to add a ram and use the breaker circuit to operate the bucket.