• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 312 Auto engine throttle

Brumley

Hello guys, This looks to be a good and informative forum. With that said, I have a pretty broad question. A friend of mine has a cat 312 track hoe and he said he has been having problems with the auto throttle system. Well and also it was not shutting off. But I fixed that problem with a new shut off solenoid. And while I fixed the latter problem, that's when he asked me about the auto throttle. I didn't have time to look at it that day. But I said I would later. So, my question is does anyone have a schematic of the wiring for the controller, switches, etc for the system? I was wanting to educate myself before going back out there. Btw, I am an electrician by trade. So I understand wiring etc. But on any equipment, it's a battle sometimes to track down wires and the understanding of how it works normally. Oh and just a bit of info on it. It will run just fine in the manual/back up mode. So I guess the little servo motor and wiring is fine. Any info would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I'll make the same comment that has been made over and over again when asked for information ......... WHAT'S THE F*****G SERIAL NUMBER ....??
With that titbit of information I can find the schematic you're looking for in about 10 seconds......I can also probably track down some info on how the auto throttle is supposed to work

To give you an idea there are no less than 53 different models of 312 listed in the system. A full Serial Number, or even the 3-character prefix, will help to narrow the odds down a bit.

Cutterjohn

I'll echo Nige here, the serial number is so important to have. I tell my customers it's like going into the Ford dealer and saying you need parts for a blue Ford...

Shimmy1

I'll make the same comment that has been made over and over again when asked for information ......... WHAT'S THE F*****G SERIAL NUMBER ....??
With that titbit of information I can find the schematic you're looking for in about 10 seconds......I can also probably track down some info on how the auto throttle is supposed to work

To give you an idea there are no less than 53 different models of 312 listed in the system. A full Serial Number, or even the 3-character prefix, will help to narrow the odds down a bit.
Nige obviously got up on the wrong side of the ocean today.

Cmark

No lie, I was in the queue at the Ford dealer parts counter one time and the old boy in front of me gets to the counter and says "Have you got a clip to fit my cortina?"

Brumley

Ya your right nige, sorry about that. I don't know much about these machines. Just trying to help a friend out.

Model -Machine 312
- Engine 3064

Number- Pin 7DK02353
Serial 6LK02887

Arrangement Number- 412936

This is every number on the nameplate that is inside the cab. Thank you again