• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 311 Door

dieseldog5.9

So I bought a 311 missing the cab door, apparently these are difficult to find, called Cat, not available new, called numerous bone yards, with no luck. Short of building a door, or Buying a whole cab for 8 grand, just to get the door seam to be out of options. Anyone know where to buy a door, new used or repairable?

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
You don't say what year. My 1996 Cat 307 came with a crushed door. It was impossible to find. No one seemed to know if other doors would fit but I got a guy to measure and took a chance on a used door from a 320. Fits my little 307 just fine after I moved the latch-back loop.

Cmark

You may have a grey market machine there. Be very sure it's the right door before committing yourself.

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
Mine is a grey market machine . I'm pretty sure that if they look the same; they are the same. Why would they make a bunch of different size doors ?
I paid $1500 delivered for the door about 4 years ago. Came from a breaker in Syracuse.

Cmark

Mine is a grey market machine . I'm pretty sure that if they look the same; they are the same. Why would they make a bunch of different size doors ?

"Pretty sure" isn't as good as "Certain" when you're dropping a wad of cash on something non returnable. If they're making a run of 5000 cabs in Japan, they may convert the inches to metric and then round the dimensions to the nearest MM meaning that, for example, the hinges don't quite line up. The problem is that (my) SIS doesn't recognise the 5PK prefix so I don't have any means of getting a part number for the door. If the OP has a 5PK parts book and it says the door is a 4I6973 then he's OK. If he doesn't and we're going off the nearest equivalent serial number then there's no guarantee that it's the right part.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Gray market cabs are different than ones made for US machines.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
5PK-prefix machines were manufactured in Japan. According to Service Mag SEPD1884 the US-built equivalent for a 5PK machine with Serial Number less than 1000 (as in this case) would be a US-built 311 in the Serial Number range 9LJ0001-9LJ0261. However even then there is a caveat that the English literature is for "similar machine models manufactured for other markets and should be used for reference only". Parts Book reference is XEBP7200. So the cab door may be the same, it may not .......

For a 5PK machine with S/N higher than 1000 the US-built equivalent is 9LJ0262 & Up.

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
So dieseldog5.9 left my house with a mangled door. Nice guy. Hope he will post picures of the repaired door. Pictures of mushed door and replacement.

Attachments

• DSC03219.jpg
    DSC03219.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC03223.jpg
    DSC03223.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC03224.jpg
    DSC03224.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 19