• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 307.5 display icons

kp100

Occupation
semi retired
Just demoed and bought a Cat 307.5. When demoing the machine there was an icon at the top center of the display that said Smart under it and would flash green on occasion. After setting up all the shortcuts on the machine the icon is there but never lights up green or says smart.
Anyone know what this symbol or the Smart/green means. Salesman is at a loss and I can't find it anywhere online or in manual.
TIA

kp100

Occupation
semi retired
The screen shot you show is different but it does appear that the icon I am talking about is the regen. Now my question is why would it intermittently flash green in the first 10 hours of use and now is dark and does nothing? it only has 30 hours on machine.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Something to do with the "Power on Demand" function..?

upload_2020-11-21_12-25-23.png

"Pressing the center of the engine speed dial can change the engine operation mode from “Power On Demand” mode to “Standard” mode (if equipped). A green illuminator on the center of the throttle dial indicates if the Power On Demand mode is ON.

In addition to the green illuminator on the dial, a “SMART” Mode indicator, which is the indicator for Power On Demand, will illuminate on the top status bar of the LCD monitor. When the machine is in “Standard” Mode, the “Power On Demand” Mode indicator will not be illuminated on the LCD monitor."

What's the publication reference of the Manual for your machine.? It is located in the top RH corner of the cover. The one I'm looking at is M0090571-09.

kp100

Occupation
semi retired
I agree with the power on demand comment and it does appear that he did push on the center of the control knob to activate. This is the new Gen 2 display but I will try that and let you know.
Thanks

kp100

Occupation
semi retired
So the center of the throttle knob has the same icon. When I press the center it toggles between green and brown. I pressed it green and cycled the boom and travelled but the display icon on the screen didn't go green or change.
My manual is M0090571-08 Jan. 2020

Per Eriksson

It's like mentioned a power on demand or standard mode, in smart mode the ecm can vary the engine rpm depending on the hydraulic flow and load demands.
When traveling it is always in high power mode.

It can be disabled so the machine only have standard mode in Cat ET so have them check with Et if that's the case.

Per Eriksson

This is the parameter to check in ET
upload_2020-11-21_23-11-55.png

These new next gen machines are like nothing else, so much things can be changed, set , adjusted, modified not only for the monitor doodads but also how the hydraulics act.
The product group software engineers are very responsive to our wishes and constantly adds or changes things in the software so make sure they update it for you also.

kp100

Occupation
semi retired
Ok. Thanks. It definitely appears that it is the power on demand type of indicator and is turned on or off by the pushing of the center of the throttle dial. I will pay closer attention next time in the seat. Snowing here today. :(:(

Thanks again

Nige

My manual is M0090571-08 Jan. 2020
The only difference between your paper version and the online version is the update number (08 vs 09). Does your manual have the text in italics from post #4.? If not then I suggest you get back to your dealer and request them to downlkoad you a copy of version 09 of the manual free of charge. It is available from Cat Publications but I don't see why you should have to pay for it when you just bought a brand-new machine.........

upload_2020-11-22_13-14-24.png

kp100

Occupation
semi retired
So there are no Italics print on the front of this manual.
So this machine was manufactured in Feb. 2020. Would the newer manual have things in it that would not apply to my machine?

Nige

So there are no Italics print on the front of this manual.
Sorry I should have explained it more clearly.
Does the text that is above in italics appear in the "Operator Controls" section of your manual.? Below is a snip of what the first part of that secion should look like. It will not be in italics in the book - I did that to highlight what I had lifted from the online version of the manual.

upload_2020-11-22_15-59-29.png

Nige

So this machine was manufactured in Feb. 2020. Would the newer manual have things in it that would not apply to my machine?
It's usually the reverse. The paper versions of the Operation & Maintenance Manual are often not 100% up-to-date when the machine leaves the factory. Hence my question whether or not that specific section of text appeared in your paper manual. Here's a snip from the online one. (Note the red text is what I used to search for it, it will not appear as red in your book)

upload_2020-11-22_16-3-3.png

kp100

Occupation
semi retired
Oh yes. Found it.. Feel dumb I didn't look far enough into manual to see that.
This machine is so great in its ability to set it to whatever level of function you want. Thus a book that is 2" thick.

Thanks for your help