1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 305CR tool valve flow rate change

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by Phil_C, Jul 14, 2019 at 11:34 AM.

1. Phil_C

Phil_C Member

Hello All
    Is it possible to reduce the flow rate to the tool valve for the left pedal? I have just purchased a tilt bucket and the circuit is way too fast to be of any use. I can add flow controls to the bucket but thought I would check to see if the valves flow rate is adjustable. DGT series.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

heymccall likes this.
  2. Nige

Nige Senior Member

From the hydraulic schematic it doesn't appear as though the flow rate is adjustable on the auxiliary circuit in its "as built" form.

3. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I've heard of people shimming the spool in the main valve to limit how much oil gets sent out and returns. I've also seen those needle type flow control valves in other machines. I don't remember there being any adjustable flow settings in the monitor panels on the CR series machines. Most were just a couple of gauges and indicator lights.

4. Phil_C

Phil_C Member

Thank you both for the replies. I have purchased two reverse free flow check valves today to install in the lines on the bucket. I think that is easier than shimming the valve and won't affect other tools used on the machine.

Regards

Phil