• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 304CR Hydraulic problem

37train5k

I have a CAT 304 CR which has been giving me problems. I have hired 2 different mechanics and they both temporarily get it working only to have the problem return.

Problem: The up and down boom loses 99% of power.
The mechanics have "repaired" the valve which they said was sticking and replaced it with a new one as I was told the valve "was sticking". I have taken the machine to a hydraulic shop and they said the valve is definitely not sticking and they are perplexed as to what the problem is now. All other operations are working perfectly and the pump is working at the specified pressures. All fluids and filters have been changed, cleaned, etc.

Any ideas?

lantraxco

Dunno the 304, but typical issues are cylinder piston seals, port relief and load check valves, if it has load sense, then a resolver or two may be malfunctioning. Can you get the boom to work strong by bringing in other functions at the same time?