1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Cat 304 wont swing or walk

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by OMDKprop, Dec 8, 2020.

1. OMDKprop

OMDKprop Member

Been super busy with work the past few weeks so i haven't had a chance to get much done on the machine until today. I had my buddy from volvo come take a look at it we got most of the electrical gremlins sorted out. Now everything electrical works with the exception of the water/temp guage. He feels that there is a good possibility the machine is airbound due to being run with next to no fluid. Or the pilot pumo is junk as others have suggested. He thinks this because when checking for pilot pressures he cracked one if the lines loose on the block for travel while having me put very light pressure on the pedal and a massive amount of air came out and then the track jerked forward under full power for about 3 seconds and stopped, which is the only track movement I've had with this machine since buying it. The machine barely has enough power to swing right but when swinging left moves better/faster, although still nowhere close to where it needs to be. Is there a procedure to bleed the hydro system? Should i consider cracking all the lines loose one by one and trying the individual functions to attempt a bleed? Could something else cause air to enter into the system when it shouldn't?

2. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day
    Please see attached maybe helpful.
    Kind regards
    Uffex

Attached Files: