• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 304.5

proulx76

hi have a cat 304.5 that when i turn the key to start i get nothing the gauges go haywire i know the starter is good, the battery is good, i replaced the ignition switch and still nothing could it have anything to do with the two relays that come from the starter or could it have something to do with the safety switch on the armrest that you must have up to start if so can you bypass that safety switch any help would be appreciated thanks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Same question as before. If you want an electrical schematic please PM me your Serial Number and an e-mail address to send it to. With that schematic any competent auto-electrician should be able to troubleshoot the circuit.

mikebramel

Which cable? The gauges going "haywire" tells me there is a ground problem and the voltage is feeding back through the gauges. Maybe the ground for the starter relay