• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 303e CR radio

dist3

Occupation
Equipment Manager Enviromental and Site Contractor
I have a new 303E CR serial number HHM03848. Machine was delivered without radio. Dealer gave me part number 394-9334 radio which fits in bracket. The problem i have run into is that machines wiring harness is a deutsch connector. If you get 200-5728 you get the matching connector for machine but not the radio head.Cat 389-7122 comes with radio connector but wrong plug for machine harness. Do i cut the 2 ends off and wire and use trial and error to figure it out? Harness 389-7122 has eight wires
170 blue
122 red
200 black
509 white
616 blue
511 brown
512 green
508 purple
Harness 200-5728 doesnt number wires but speakers are grey and grey/black, white and white/black, a yellow, a red , a black and a red jumper.

dist3

Occupation
Equipment Manager Enviromental and Site Contractor
Pictures of the two harnesses that i have. 303 machine side.jpg 303 Radio side.jpg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I'll send you the electrical schematic.
Regarding removing wires from a Deutsch connector, there is a special tool than sells for about $1 each (they break easily) that can be used to remove wires and install them in a different connector or to re-arrange the pin order without cutting. There are videos on Youtube showing how to do it.

EDIT: Thinking a bit more about your problem I think that if I was in your place I would be tempted to replace the connector on the machine end of the 389-7122 harness with the one from the 200-5728.

Last edited: