• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TVA

Is this the one that is on top of these springs which contacts with the swash plate and pushes against these springs?
Yes and no, there’s two pistons that connected to the swash plate, one on top ( small one), and one on bottom ( bigger one). The small one is up stroke, the bigger one is de stroke. The small on is parallel to the pin that pushes on the springs.

TVA

Are these the part numbers for the springs?
Yes, those part CAT numbers for the springs. But it also come up as partial part number for Continental “air springs”
which are air bags for air ride suspension.

TVA

Yes I did have it off and everything inside seems fine no broken springs or anything

The behavior is seems to be LS or torque limiter problem, but we shouldn’t exclude main relief also, but main relief should not be rpm dependent.

Aaron.ampcon

Yes and no, there’s two pistons that connected to the swash plate, one on top ( small one), and one on bottom ( bigger one). The small one is up stroke, the bigger one is de stroke. The small on is parallel to the pin that pushes on the springs.
Ok so the other piston is at the opposite side of the swash plate? Yes there was a piston there but I was unable to pull it with my hand or a magnet dont know if I need to send air pressure through one of the ports at the pump regulator to get it out.

Aaron.ampcon

Yes, those part CAT numbers for the springs. But it also come up as partial part number for Continental “air springs”
which are air bags for air ride suspension.
Do you have a cat part number for the swash plate bearing inserts?

TVA

Ok so the other piston is at the opposite side of the swash plate? Yes there was a piston there but I was unable to pull it with my hand or a magnet dont know if I need to send air pressure through one of the ports at the pump regulator to get it out.

Number 4 is the upstroke piston, and number 6 is the de stroke piston.
at this point I am more interested in the condition of the up stroke piston. Although to inspect both would be very nice.
Don’t forget to shine the light inside the piston bore also.

FC32E240-46CC-4980-821B-50FC905E6037.jpeg 26458C2C-8C8C-47D6-B273-D99FBA4085AF.jpeg

TVA

Does the swash plate have the hole or a groove in its face that connects to these lubrication holes?

91F888F3-8B58-4F35-A756-07CB2C5D7190.jpeg

Rexroth A10VO series 51 has orifice in the swash plate that like to get loose.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Here's the parts breakdown for the pump. Not the best illustration in the world but it's the best the system can throw up.
It looks like the swashplate bearings are not sold separately.

Attachments

• 374-2025 Pump Gp.pdf
    69.7 KB · Views: 6

Aaron.ampcon

Here's the parts breakdown for the pump. Not the best illustration in the world but it's the best the system can throw up.
It looks like the swashplate bearings are not sold separately.
Not sold separately oh wow

TVA

Not the end of the world. The complete 280-4458 "Swashplate Kit" sells for $255.

Yep, and kit listed in multiple places.

Hey Nige, about those springs, I didn’t see them for sale anywhere ( real once ), are they available through CAT dealers?

And do you have the break down of that kit, that actually shows what’s in it?
Just a make sure that inserts are there, and not just a swash plate it self, stopper and possibly orifice.?

Last edited:

TVA

Aaron, if the orifice on the face of the swash plate is connected to the lubrication holes in the journals, that’s one point of leak - through bad bearing inserts. Need to check if the stopper bolt also has access to that channel and weather it leaks or not.
And question about orifice being in that circuit, weather it should be there, if it is still there and weather it is loose or not.

Servo piston needs to be removed, piston and its bore needs to be inspected.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The springs I got the price from the Cat Parts website, so dealers sell them.

I couldn’t find a breakdown for the kit, so I have no idea if the bearings come in it or not. Are the bearings normally part of the swashplate or are they part of the case.?