• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 303.5 foot pedal sticks

TomWei

The right pedal its pretty stuck, it controls arm L and R
Im trying to disconnect linkage at manifold to make sure its valve, but what are the options.
its the first in the bank (blue pliers) towards engine.
black pliers is left pedal, for attachment, but its also thicker hose
if the valve is stuck, can i put adapters on hose and move to left pedal

its afw, cat think around 2003

Attachments

• IMG_8308.jpeg
    IMG_8308.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9

TomWei

thanks, its 807. thats the correct diagram. ive tried to disconnect at valve but i can get my pliers in there, or fingers to pull out. ill try again

i had cat service come out last year and he mentioned the pedal going out. didnt know if it was location of manifold or just crap that got in the connecting rods. it connect 2 rods before getting to valve.

is there any trick to re grease the linkage. brake clears or grease? its under all the lines
picture is under pedal conection to first linkage

Attachments

• IMG_8309.jpeg
    IMG_8309.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

skyking1

penetrating oil and really look for any way a rock or some caked in crap can bind it. It is a common problem with any pedal control.

TomWei

thanks all. there was one joint in linkage that was jammed. flushed with wd, kb, kroil in that order.
moves like a hot knife through butter

Welder Dave

That would make sense but he was talking about changing hoses or a valve issue originally. Glad he got it working right. I ran a Bobcat 331 where the pedal for the boom swing also struck. A little unnerving when it didn't stop. Really surprised because it only had about 300 hours on it and was really clean. Wasn't nearly as nice to run as a Nagano with pilot controls and variable pumps.

TomWei

tried to get in there before above said it was linkage. overhauling machine, shes been beaten.

Attachments

• IMG_8305.jpeg
    IMG_8305.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4