• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 301.8 No Start No Crank

tsmithou812

Ok, I am in need of some real help. I have a Cat 301.8 that will blow the 10A fuse for the engine whenever you try to start it. I have disconnected the starter ignition wire to see if the starter was bad, but still blew the fuse. I have checked the fuel shutoff for a short, along with the relay in the blower motor housing. I have used a tracer from the output side to the engine fuse and only found the trace to stop in the blower motor housing. Can someone give me a hint to where to go next, and/or where the main relay panel is and where I could get a wiring diagram of at least the Starting Circuit? The only thing I can think is a rub / short somewhere in the canvas covered harness. Has anyone had this problem and what have you found.
Thank you in advance,
Tim Smith