• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 299d2XHP external oil cooler part number?

Wilj

Hi All

as title. I’m looking for the part number for the external oil cooler for my 299d2xhp. 2019 model year.
Also, is it a straight fit or are there certain procedures?

tia
Wil

big ben

Unless the kits for D2 changed this is like a 30 part number/ 2 day install kind of thing not just a cooler....unless you have the cooler kit already and just need a new roof mounted cooler ?

Reuben Frazier

If you don’t already have a cooler your going to save a good bit of money going with an after market cooler kit.

Wilj

Serial number DX204524.
Who would ship an aftermarket one from the USA to UK?

Reuben Frazier

I can’t answer that, just contact them. Lots of company’s make them in specific or universal Kits. I know if you go with a CAT full system it’s going to be stupid expensive.

Wilj

Cheers guys.
Can’t get hold of anyone as everyone (pretty much) is off because of this virus going around.
I’ll see if I can log on to the online parts and send a request on price. I could find the part with serial number as it wasn’t ordered from factory on the machine

Cmark

About $4.25k Aus over here, and in stock. Seems reasonable to me when you consider what you're getting.

And with it being an XHP machine, there are a few extra bits to buy.

f311fr1

Just saying that in continuious low flow (like a brush cutter) the aux cooler does not see the return flow. The low flow quick disconnects tee off of the high flow lines. I asked a CAT engineer when at my local dealers annual show and tell demonstration day. The email reply looked like a lawyer saying I don"t know why, which to me was an unacceptable answer. The cooler does work great when in high flow running a mulch head.