• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 289D Wiring diagram

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
Hi Everybody! I have a Cat 289D track loader, Serial 0289DVTAW01488. Does anybody have a wiring diagram by chance? I have a couple issues I need to figure out on this machine before we go back to work in the spring. The issue that I need to tackle first is the "Advanced display" in the cab is dead. It failed last summer when the unsecured battery shorted against the frame while working . . . Yes, yes, I know. I had only owned the machine a couple weeks and assumed (First mistake) that the machine had been gone through. I am told that the display probably needs to be replaced, but at like $1200 or something from Cat I want to verify that first. Thanks in advance!

Acoals

Occupation
Thanks guys, I will keep you posted how it goes.

Acoals

Occupation
Finally got around to working on the machine; the display has power and ground, and signal from the key when in run, so I am off to obtain a $1100 display . . . :)

Cmark

Have you tried resetting the display;

Ignition on.
Press and hold the two outermost buttons on the display for about 15 seconds.
If that doesn't work, disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes then try again.

Acoals

Occupation
Yes, I have. I should try it one more time, just for giggles though.

Todd 1970

Hey guys i need some help i have a Cat 289=D skid steer and i need to do a dpf delet on it i have purchased MOD EDIT for the 3.3l and the instructions say to go the the ecm and on side J1 find the wires marked EB37 and EB17 and connect the wires.I have looked at each wire and i cant find any that have thoses numbers .The local Cat dealer just gives me a run around. Anybody have any idea where i can look for theses two wire pins? serial # of machine is 0289detaw04929 thanks for any help.

MOD EDIT - HEF does not condone nor facilitate sharing of information relating to deleting government mandated emissions equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
instructions say to go the the ecm and on side J1 find the wires marked EB37 and EB17
There are no wires labelled that way on any Cat schematic (289D or otherwise) that I've ever seen.

Apart from that this forum is generally reluctant to provide information on anything that might be considered as assisting in defeating legally-mandated emissions devices in territories that require them.

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Does it possibly mean MOD EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd 1970

There are no wires labelled that way on any Cat schematic (289D or otherwise) that I've ever seen.

Apart from that this forum is generally reluctant to provide information on anything that might be considered as assisting in defeating legally-mandated emissions devices in territories that require them.
CAT0289DETAW04929 is the seial number

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Please refrain from sharing and asking for information on how to disable or delete government mandated emissions systems.

Thanks in advance.