• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 289D Ride Control??

Bliz

Occupation
Excavator/Logger
Recently purchased a Cat 289D and the ride control kit was missing. My dealer installed the kit but it does a weird thing when operating. Specifically, when you go above or below the set speed for actuation, the bucket drops or raises slightly. My question is, is that normal?? Thanks

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
My CASE machines do that. It is normal.

Bliz

Occupation
Excavator/Logger
Thanks to all for the info! First chance I got to see how ride control really works was today. I had a load in the bucket, hit some bumps and expected to thrown out of the cab. It simply sucked up the bumps and gently went up and down, hardly spilling anything.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Thanks to all for the info! First chance I got to see how ride control really works was today. I had a load in the bucket, hit some bumps and expected to thrown out of the cab. It simply sucked up the bumps and gently went up and down, hardly spilling anything.

The CAT ride control is an awesome feature., the comfort of the machine is amazing in my opinion. I can run it all day and get out feeling great. Unlike some of the others I have owned in the past. The D series CAT is everything a person would want or need in a CTL......What do you think of it so fat ? Always intetested in what others have yo say about their equipment...

Reedo

I just picked up a new 262d last Friday, my first cat. I only have about 20 hours on it but so far it seems to be way more comfortable and quieter than anything I have run yet. It took next to nothing to learn the controls coming from hand and foot controls in the bobcats we always ran. It seems to do noticeably better pushing material and digging in the little I have done with it so far. Glad I was given a reason to look for a different brand of machine or I probably would have never tried one of these out because bobcat was so close. It is also way better on fuel than our Doosan powered s650 was!

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have been ordering my SSL with Ride Control since 99. Worth every penny. The productivity increase you see with it is pretty significant. It allows you to take advantage of higher ground speeds and keeps the operator from getting beat up. I also believe that it reduces the stress on the machine.

Bliz

Occupation
Excavator/Logger
I only have a few hours on the machine and I can't get over how easy it is to grade with them. I have about 5,000+ hours on a dozer and all I did for the first 500 was make a mess. I think you could train a monkey to grade with these. Can't wait to see how it goes at a couple hundred hours. My gravel driveway has never looked better.

AquaSplash

Hello Everyone! I have a cat 262D skid steer. And the ride control does not work anymore but there are no fuses blown. What would be the next thing to check out. Tia

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Check nitrogen charge on accumulator.

AquaSplash

It does have advanced display. But it doesn’t show any codes. In fact it does t light up the indicator for ride control. I will get the serial number from machine later today when I’m at the shop

I think that my 289D has this feature but I have no clue how to use it. Any suggested reading or watching on how this whole thing works? I have no idea what a nitrogen accumulator does.

Correct, I got this thing for a steal off of IronPlanet, no manual, no instructions, had to bring my own key lol.

And all the pictures on the toggle switches are worn off, so I'm constantly playing a game of "what does this do?"