• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 289D Loosing Drive Power

Jfarris

I have a 289D that will loose drive/steer power.( Just move very slowly and won't turn) It will do it, then go away for a few minutes, then do it again. Any ideas on what could be causing it?

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
We've had a couple do that. I want to say its a speed sensor failure/sensor issue but its been a while since we had one do it. I'm not 100% sure on that answer but its something to check out at least.

Jhess

It's 2 wires grounding out on hydraulic valve under cab
Just fixed mine

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Where are the two wires located or is it a different sensor
Are you working on a 289D the same as the OP was.? If so please post a Serial Number. It makes finding info far easier seeing as there are 11 different models of 289D.

Also post a photo of the panel located in the upper RH corner of the cab. There is a chance you could be able to access Diagnosti Codes which would be a great help.