• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 289d 2017 TAW07070

Chris Bryant

I’m looking to download a complete manual for this skid steer. I bought it at an auction and when I got it to my shop it had a hole in the block but it would run. I ordered a remanufactured engine and my mechanic pulled the old engine & installed the reman engine. Supposedly he had it turn over and started up but then it wouldn’t turn over anymore. Almost as if a wire pushed out of a connector or something. When you turn the key to crank it the starter doesn’t engage. I think it’s something electrical related or a safety of some sort. Any help or a link for the manual would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The Service Manual for a TAW-prefix machine is Cat Publication reference UENR3725. AFAIK genuine OEM manuals are only sold in paper or CD formats. Here's a LINK to one for sale on eBay from the company who produce all Cat's manuals.

You will find other much options on internet marketplaces, usually sold out of somewhere in Eastern Europe on a memory stick. Obviously they are not genuine factory manuals.