• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 279C2 no High Flow

XSKIER

S/N KWB01063 with HIGH FLOW XPS
Jumper Plug P/N 2413763
Both 15A fuses in the hydraulic cylinder slots in cab fuse panel are good. The operator manual has very little information on how this system works, so I'm mostly putting snippets together from Google searches. Initial testing was done with 1&2 rocker down on continuous flow. I did swap my hoses so that the operating direction is auxiliary 1&2 rocker up, but have not retested. I thought that pins B & F should be jumped for high flow?20201017_110835.jpg

XSKIER

nige, thank you for the attachment. I checked the F and G pins with a power probe and both show ground key on engine off. I will do a little more investigation on the wiring and see if it makes a difference further upstream.

XSKIER

The outward appearance of my work tool harness would suggest that it was recently replaced. So, I did not initially suspect a problem with it. I went to the first connection back towards the machine, 8 pin Deutsche, near the fuel filter, "connection 8". Pins F and G correspond to 6 and 7 here, so I jumped them with a paper clip on the machine side and retested. Success! High flow activation. Now to fix the 7 or so feet of 8 wires that go out to the official jumper plug.Screenshot_20201019-185331_Drive.jpg 20201019_190447.jpg