• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 259d ride control

cptotr

How many of you guys have or have had experience with the ride control? I bought a new 259d and like it for the most part, but am still not really caring for the suspension of the front idler when carrying a load. Seems to be a lot of rocking and bouncing back and forth. Does the ride control help that. Is there a time when the ride control is more of a nuisance? I have enough credit at cat to get the ride control installed, so just thinking that might be a way of using it up. Thanks in advance!

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
The ride control is worth the money in my opinion anyway, it will totally elinimate the bounding you are referring too. Most CTL's have that exact issue when moving a load around. Go Demo one with in installed and see how you like it..Does your machine have rear weights ?

cptotr

I asked to demo one that had it installed, but my dealer didn't have one. Yes. Mine has the counterweights installed too. I like the cat so much more than my deere in most other ways so far, but I just haven't got used to the feeling of that front end dropping so much when traveling over rough terrain with a load.

pafarmer

Occupation
The ride control totally eliminates that.....it's. very cool solution to an old problem. Most customers hate that feeling....CAT corrected it...

pafarmer

Occupation
I'm sure you are going to be happy you purchased it. Money well spent IMHO ! Lets us know what you think after you have used it awhile....

cptotr

While we're on the subject, is there any other options that you must have on your Cat ctl's? I know you have a bunch of them.

pafarmer

Occupation
Yeah, I sure do....15 total now....tell me what your CTL has on it now and I can tell you what I think you should be considered....I love the 259D machines. I just bought two brand new ones and ordered a third...what is the main task you do with it as well would he helpful and what attachments you presently have and plan on obtaining. Happy to help you in any way I can.