• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 259d l/h joystick fault code. Left joystick forward/reverse position sensor voltage above normal.

Brynkettle

Hi all.

I have had this fault come up after my machine had sat unused for 3 days. From previous experience with this machine, this type of fault is usually an open circuit fault. Has anyone got any ideas with where to start. New part is available from Melbourne 5 - 15 days. Need to fix asap as I have work on my property to do and other jobs booked in.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
What Diagnostic Code(s) do you have.?
Also a machine Serial Number makes it much more easy when looking for diagnostic info. There are 9 doifferent models of 259D.

FYI you posted in the wrong section. This one is for full-size track loaders, not compact equipment. I'll ask a mod to move it. You have a better chance of answers if a post is in the correct place because more people will see it.

EDIT: The attached 2474-03 MAY be your Code. To assist in diagnosing it you will probably also need the machine electrical schematic. To identify the correct one will need the machine S/No.

Attachments

• MID039 CID2474 FMI03.pdf
    160.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: