• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 259D Driver Alert, Parking Brake, and Engine Condition Indicator On

jsfletcher001

Hello, I have a 2015 CAT 25D with Product ID Number CAT0259DCFTL03660. A couple months ago the Driver Alert (square with exclamation point) lamp began to stay on. I used the operation and maintenance manual guidance in attempts to resolve without success. It never caused any apparent issues. Recently, the Parking Brake Indicator and the Engine Condition Indicator stay on after the estop reset is pressed. When this happens, the Driver Alert also flashes. The ops manual discusses some possible air filter issues which I have tried to focus on but have not been successful. Does anyone have any advise an how all of these may relate to one another. Thank you.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums j001! Glad to have you.

You're in good hands with Nige and I suggest you follow his advice.

jsfletcher001

Thank you for the reply. The Driver Alert and Engine Condition lamps are always amber. When the Driver alert came on a few months ago, I went through all of the "Level 1" diagnostic guidance in the ops and maint. manual including draining the fuel separator. I'm afraid I don't know how to access the Diagnostic Codes.

jsfletcher001

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm working on this as time allows. I have attached a picture of my cluster/controls. Let me know if this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_7296.JPG
    IMG_7296.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I have attached a picture of my cluster/controls. Let me know if this helps.
It does, but unfortunately in a good way. That is the only design of RH panel where you CANNOT access Diagnostic Codes & Events using the keypad. I'm afraid that to communicate with the machine is going to require Cat ET. Not necessarily a dealer task if you can find a local independent shop/mechanic who has ET.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Do you have the means to trailer the machine to your local Cat dealer.? If so you could have them connect to it while it's still on the trailer and download a Product Status Report (aka PSR) which they could give to you as a pdf file. I dunno how they charge but maybe 1 hour labour.?

Once you have the PSR it's a relatively easy (hopefully) procedure to go through all the Diagnostic Codes and figure out what's causing your problems.