• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 257b

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
They have a door safety switch that cuts out the hydraulics if the door is open. Check that first. It is mounted in the hinge area of the door on left side. There should be a bypass plug for when you take the door off.

aereator

My machine has open cab is wiring harness the same?
They have a door safety switch that cuts out the hydraulics if the door is open. Check that first. It is mounted in the hinge area of the door on left side. There should be a bypass plug for when you take the door off.

aereator

The machine worked when I bought it truck driver called last night said when he loaded it bucket would not raise or tilt. I have not seen it yet will be here this afternoon. Wanted an idea where to start.
Thanks

Mobiltech

Occupation
I think there's a relay in the the back of the cab in the fuse box that powers the lift tilt lockout solenoid. It is in a row of about 3 little black relays. You could try swapping it.
I would need a serial number to be more specific.

Last edited:

aereator

257b

serial # BHSLK05553 again thanks for your help.
I think there's a relay in the the back of the cab in the fuse box that powers the lift tilt lockout solenoid. It is in a row of about 3 little black relays. You could try swapping it.
I would need a serial number to be more specific.

Mobiltech

Occupation
The relay on that machine should be down under the front of the seat..
Your machine should still have the door switch wiring but it will be jumpered . It will be in the left front corner of the cab a black a white and a yellow wire.