• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 257B track frame retaining washer/bolt?

Pedro82

Good morning/afternoon/evening. I recently acquired a 257B and as I am getting ready to replace the tracks on it I was looking over the rest of the undercarriage for damaged bogies, idlers, etc. and found the below pictured washer and bolt only finger tight. I consulted my trusty (term used loosely) service manual and there isn't much in the way of description of how the torsion axle is assembled and literally just says "Install bolts and the washers". The other three torsion attachments look to be flush and not protruding at all like this one, could some one clarify to me if this is on and I should just continue with my track replacement or is there something I should look into replacing while I will have the track off?

Attachments

• 257B Torsion Bolt.jpg
    257B Torsion Bolt.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • 257B Torsion Bolt Pan.jpg
    257B Torsion Bolt Pan.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15