• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 252B

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Are you asking a question, or telling us what's wrong..? I suggest that you take time to read this thread, and especially post #32 on page 2. https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/the-grouchy-old-mechanic.76899/

Did the problem occur suddenly, or have you been experiencing intermittent problems with the auxiliary hydraulics for a while..?
Do you have the Electrical Schematic for the machine..?

Last edited:

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Are you asking a question, or telling us what's wrong..? I suggest that you take time to read this thread, and especially post #32 on page 2. https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/the-grouchy-old-mechanic.76899/

Did the problem occur suddenly, or have you been experiencing intermittent problems with the auxiliary hydraulics for a while..?
Do you have the Electrical Schematic for the machine..?
That should be a saved message for use in many instances!

There are so many on this forum who spend hours every week helping people but it can be tough to try to help when no back ground information is given in the first post! I have seen more than a few times people will go to great effort writing up suggestions of things to check only to have the OP come back and say "I already did that!".

Let me try this again. CAT 252B, Serial #SCP03809. Machine has been sitting for a month with no attachment, was called in to diag a no start. Upon inspection ( In the field ) found excessive corrosion in the fuse panel located under seat/footwell. Replaced fuse panel. Operates and charging system passes. Few days later get called back for breaker inop, never worked says operator. I have no wiring schematic. Only using common knowledge. No click of any solenoid when aux thumbwheel is moved, nor load change in engine tone. Lifted cab for further inspection for mice etc...

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Well if the wiring will help here it is see attachment:

Attachments

• 252B wiring.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 15

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Here's an extract from the Operator Manual that might assist.
The harness connectors of the electrical wiring under the floor plate is often a location for water ingress, corrosion, etc. Just in case you haven't been in there already.

Attachments

• 252B Operator Controls.pdf
    372.4 KB · Views: 12
I did have the floor plate up and inspected it thoroughly. No signs of corrosion. I am beginning to think that the front aux is only controlled via the thumb wheel. I am having a hard time understanding the Operators Controls file that was given. I did remove and Ohm the switches on the right joystick and none of the results made sense either.