• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 252B - No Movement

NCPIPELINE

Occupation
The Fixer
Getting ready to head out to where the machine died on my guys yesterday. Here is the information I have. "Machine starts fine, take parking brake off(brake light goes away), move both joysticks and nothing. No movement in tires, or lift or tilt cylinders. Thoughts? :confused:

NCPIPELINE

Occupation
The Fixer
How can I confirm this? How can I test that the hydraulic pump is actually being spun by the motor and the spline shaft from motor to pump has not stripped/broke?

farmkid16_2002

Occupation
Diesel Tech, Welder Fabricator
Test

How can I confirm this? How can I test that the hydraulic pump is actually being spun by the motor and the spline shaft from motor to pump has not stripped/broke?

With some one spinning the motor over or by you spinning with a socket on the crank check the hyd fan to see if it is rotating. That is the first thing that receives oil from the hystat when pumping. If the fan is not turning the coupling is most likely stripped, nothing but a plastic ring gear.